· Says Obama ‘people’ may also be behind national security leaks
· ‘I also think it is politics,’ president tells Fox News
· President Donald Trump said he believes that predecessor Barack Obama is riling up protesters against his administration and that Obama’s “people” may be the source of unflattering national-security leaks to the media.
· “I think he is behind it. I also think it is politics, that’s the way it is,” Trump said of the protests during an interview with the hosts of “Fox and Friends” conducted Monday at the White House and aired Tuesday.
· “I think that President Obama is behind it because his people are certainly behind it,” Trump continued. “And some of the leaks possibly come from that group,” which are “really very serious leaks because they are very bad in terms of national security.”
· Trump didn’t offer any evidence of Obama’s direct involvement. Obama’s Organizing for Action, the nonprofit group that was formed after his 2012 campaign, is one of the many organizations supporting protesters who are challenging the new president and congressional Republicans. The organization paused its activities during the 2016 race.
· “It will probably continue,” Trump said of Obama being “behind things.”